Complete the Sentence with Preposition
A preposition links a noun or pronoun to another word in a sentence. Prepositions tell more about time, place, and motion in a sentence. They also describe the relationship of a noun to a verb, adverb or adjective. Without them, sentences would be choppy and would not make sense.
Commonly Used Prepositions
But, we are only going to focus on 10 of the most commonly used prepositions, that include:
Given below are some examples of prepositional phrases. Here, the prepositions are underlined.
Read some example sentences below. Notice how the prepositions are used to connect words in a sentence.
1. My favorite ride was right by my sister's favorite rollercoaster.
2. I was a star at basketball practice yesterday.
3. My dad taught me how to rollerblade over a ramp last week.
4. I sit across the table from my dad and devour a delicious meal.
5. I sit with my back against its trunk.
6. I like to read about kids like me who go on adventures.
7. One day I'll go on an adventure of my own.
8. For me, it is the best way to exercise.
9. I hope we can go to the show tonight.
10. Patrick received a letter from his cousin.
List of Common Prepositions
Copyright © 2013 Turtlediary.com. All rights reserved. www.turtlediary.com