Children up to Grade 5 are eligible and encouraged for participation in this contest. Submission of your entry implies your agreement to the Terms & Conditions of 'Women Who Made History' contest. Please read these carefully, as they describe your rights, as well as ours, to the submitted artwork.
NOTE: Please have your parents and teachers read the contest rules thoroughly.
Terms & Conditions
1. ‘Women Who Made History’ contest begins on 1st June, 2015 and ends on 30th June, 2015. All entries are to be digitally submitted, no later than 11:59 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time on/before 30th June, 2015. Submission and voting both are open till the last minute.
2. Entries must be submitted as per the guidelines mentioned here.
3. Submitted artwork must be your original creation. Artwork should be handmade.
4. You may submit multiple entries.
5. All contestants must be registered users, and must agree to the terms and conditions of the ‘Women Who Made History’ contest.
6. By entering this contest, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or artwork in any merchandise, advertisement, educational material, or publicity carried out or produced by Turtlediary and its advertising and promotional agencies, without further notice or compensation. It is TurtleDiary.com’s sole discretion to consent or decline to publish or use any submitted artwork. In return, the contestants retain the right to use and publish their artwork.
7. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
8. Contest Sponsor, and its advertising and promotion agencies assume no responsibility for misdirected entries, or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules, or for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software failure of any entry to be received, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's, or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
9. If you enter, you may be added to the TurtleDiary.com email marketing list. TurtleDiary.com does not sell or rent email addresses. The Contest Sponsor will not share any personal data about entrants with any other party. The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission, as indicated on the entry form.
10. The Contest Sponsor collects your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation, and to keep you informed about the Contest. The Contest Sponsor may also contact you from time to time with information about TurtleDiary.com’s updates.
11. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest, should any external circumstances arise that are beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing, or advertising this Contest. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendments by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify, or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time, at its sole discretion and without notice.
12. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules, if they participate in the Contest.
• Submit only handmade collage(s). You can decorate them anyway you like. Try to use diverse sources for the pictures, for e.g., newspapers, magazines, old books, prints of online images, etc.
• Use pictures that show achievements of, or in action, the history-making women you want to celebrate. If you can’t get hands on such pictures, you can use whatever you can collect. The women and their achievements need not be related to the month of June.
• No religious content.
• No digital content.
• No tracing of others’ content.
14. Visit https://account.turtlediary.com/contest/addContest/125 to enter ‘Women Who Made History’ contest. If you have any questions not answered here, or suggestions, please send a note to [email protected]
Who can vote?
Voting will be open to everyone. You can share your artwork’s link with your friends and family on social networking websites to get maximum votes. Our voting system can identify and count unique votes, i.e., only one vote per person for any entry is considered. So, only actual people should vote from their own devices (computers/tablets/phones etc.).
Who are the judges?
‘Women Who Made History' contest will be judged by the TurtleDiary.com visitors, votes received from the public on social networking websites, and the management of TurtleDiary.com.
How is the winner decided?
Contest will be judged by the TurtleDiary.com visitors, votes received from the public on social networking websites, and the management of TurtleDiary.com. Top ten student entries will be shortlisted on the basis of popularity. Once shortlisted, the management of TurtleDiary will pick three winners. Popularity is judged on the basis of a total of votes, Likes, Tweets, and shares.
What is the Prize?
The three Most Popular entries each win a $100 gift card.
How can you claim the Prize?
Winner will be contacted via email. Please make sure that you have entered a valid and correct email ID in your account. The winners’ information will be posted on TurtleDiary.com as well.