- MIXED OPERATIONS
- ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION STRATEGIES (USE OF PROPERTIES)
Addition and Subtraction Strategies (use of properties)
Login as parent/teacher to assign this.
Properties of addition:
1) Changing order of addends does not change the sum.
For example: 1 + 2 = 2 + 1
2) Three or more numbers can be added in any order, no matter how the numbers are grouped.
For example: (1 + 2) + 3 = 1 + (2 + 3)
3) When zero is added to any number, the sum is that number itself.
For example: 5 + 0 = 5
4) When a number is subtracted from itself, the difference is zero.
For example: 3 – 3 = 0
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
The correct answer is
The smallest number is the one that comes first while counting.
To arrange the given numbers in order from smallest to greatest, find the smallest number among all the given numbers.
21 is the smallest number.