NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Children in the age groups of 5-8 and 9-12 years are encouraged to take part in this art contest (the “Contest”). Submission of artwork constitutes your agreement to the 'Little Picasso' Art Contest Terms & Conditions. Children must have their parents or guardian's permission prior to entering the Contest. Parents: please read these rules carefully, as they describe your rights to the submitted artwork, as well as ours.
NOTE: Have your parents and teachers read the contest rules thoroughly.
Terms & Conditions
1. The 'Little Picasso' Art Contest will start from 8th July, 2014 and end on 8th August, 2014. All entries are to be digitally submitted, no later than 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time on/before 8th August, 2014.
2. Entries must be submitted as per the guidelines mentioned in 'Terms & Conditions'.
3. Submitted artwork must be the Entrant's original creation. Artwork can be hand-drawn or digitally produced. It can be full-colored or black & white. The Entrant can even draw a logo if he or she likes.
4. The Entrant may submit multiple entries.
5. All contestants must be registered users and must agree to the terms and conditions of the the 'Little Picasso' Art Contest.
6. By entering this Contest, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or artwork in any merchandise, advertisement, educational material or publicity carried out or produced by Turtlediary (“Contest Sponsor”) and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. It is Turtlediary’s sole discretion whether to publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use any submitted artwork.
7. All entries, artwork and images shall become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon submission. Content Sponsor shall retain all rights associated with the entries, including but not limited to the exclusive right to display, license or commercialize such art work in any manner it sees fit, without further compensation to the Entrant.
8. Contest Sponsor, and its advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility for misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means or that do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Contest.
10. The Contest Sponsor collects Entrant's personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep Entrant informed about The Contest. The Contest Sponsor may also contact Entrant from time to time with information about turtlediary.com updates.
11. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should any external circumstances arise which are beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. This Contest will run in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time at its sole discretion and without notice.
12. Do's and Don'ts
- No religious content.
- No tracing of other peoples' content.
- Your art does not need to be large. We actually like art about 8.5" x 11" (22cm x 28cm) in size. 12" x 18" (30cm x 46cm) is alright as well.
14. Employees of Contest Sponsor and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. You may not participate in the Contest if participation is not permitted by the laws of your city, county or state.
15. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Contest Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) lost, late, incomplete, garbled, illegible, undelivered, stolen, damaged, delayed, postage-due or misdirected mail, entries, application downloads, or text messages; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event, the incorrect downloading of the application the processing of entries application downloads or text messages or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
17. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The parties hereto waive any rights to a trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, Entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
WHO CAN VOTE?
Voting will be open only to Turtlediary.com members. Entrants can share their artworks' link with family and friends on social networking websites to get maximum number of votes.
WHO ARE THE JUDGES?
The 'Little Picasso' Art Contest will be judged by the Turtlediary.com members, votes received from the public on social networking websites, and the management of Turtlediary.com.
HOW IS THE WINNER DECIDED?
The top 10 artworks will be shortlisted by the Turtlediary.com members and the qualified artworks will finally be judged by Turtlediary.com adjudicators. The winners will be announced on 22nd August, 2014.
WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
The two contest winners (one from each age group) will receive an iPad Air or an Android Tablet.
HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THE PRIZE?
If you win the prize, your school or the teacher has to certify your artwork. They will print your artwork on the school letter-head and mail or fax it to us.