K (5-6 yrs)
Kindergarten Science Games:
The Five Senses
Our Five Senses:
Sense of Smell- We use our nose to smell. We can differentiate between a yummy cookie and a fresh flower through its smell.
Sense of Touch- We touch and feel through our skin. We can feel the difference between a soft rabbit and a hard rock.
Sense of Taste- We use our tongue to taste. Our sense of taste tells us the difference between sugar and salt.
Sense of Hearing- We use our ears to hear. We can hear the difference between cat and dog sound.
Sense to Sight- We use our eyes to see. We can see the different colors in a rainbow.
Learn how to take care of your eyes:
- Use proper light when studying, drawing, using the computer etc.
- Donít let anything hurt your eye.
- Donít touch or rub your eyes or you may hurt them.
- Donít put anything into your eye until the doctor tells you to. If something
goes into your eye, blink several times, to make it come out. Wash your eyes
with clean water and show it to a doctor.
- Use sun glasses when you go out. They will protect your eyes from the
harmful effects of the sunís rays. Donít try to look at the sun.
- Take a break when working on a computer or studying for a long time. Give
rest to your eyes.
- Eat healthy food. Eat green leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli and cabbage. Carrots, mangoes, cod liver oil, olive oil, milk and eggs are good for the eye sight. Eat a lot of fruits such as blueberries and strawberries.
- If you have any of the following problems, show it to the doctor.
- irritation in the eyes,
- pain / redness / watering,
- difficulty in reading or seeing things.
Simple steps to take care of your nose:
- Donít put anything into your nose.
- If you have a cold, blow your nose with a clean tissue. Donít use dirty hands or dirty cloth.
- Donít pick your nose.
- Cut your nails regularly as germs live and grow in long nails.
- If you have a nose bleed, sit in a chair. Bend the head a little in front. Call the doctor.
Steps to take care of your tongue:
- Clean your tongue when you brush your teeth.
- Donít eat or drink very hot food.
- Donít put sharp things in your mouth.
- Avoid too spicy food.
- Eat healthy food.
- Donít lick dirty objects.
- Rinse your mouth with clean water, after eating
Learn to take care of your skin through some simple steps:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom, with soap and
- Take a bath daily.
- Apply sunscreen lotion before going out in the sun.
- Protect your skin from chemicals, cuts, bruises.
- Cover cuts, scrapes and other open sores with a sterile bandage or gauze. Show to a doctor.
- Stay away from fire and don't touch anything hot or you may get burnt.
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water.
Steps to take care of your ears:
- Donít put anything into your ears.
- Donít swim or wash in dirty water.
- If you have pain in your ears show to the doctor.