Kinds of Adjectives
Print Add to Fav Rate 0 stars Assign Assign Common Core
Someone you know has shared lesson with you:
To play this lesson, click on the link below:
To know more about different lessons, please visit www.turtlediary.com
Hope you have a good experience with this site and recommend to your friends too.
There are different kinds of adjectives. Let's take a look at each of them.
Adjectives of Quality
- These are descriptive adjectives, so they give more information about the person, place, or thing they modify.
- They answer the question What kind is it? - is it old or new; is it good or bad; is it near or far; etc.
- My shoes are so old.
- She is a joyful woman.
Adjectives of Quantity
- These adjectives are used to describe an amount of something that can't be counted.
- These types of adjectives answer the question How much?
- These words tell us about a noun's quantity - is there a lot, a little, or enough?
- My family drinks lots of milk.
- California didn't have enough water during the drought.
Adjectives of Number
- These adjectives answer the question How many?
- They tell us what number of a certain noun there is.
- They include exact numbers like one and twelve, and also less precise adjectives like no, all, some, and many that give a general idea of how many there are.
- A lot of parents assign chores.
- Fourteen students were in line ahead of me on pizza day.
Kinds of Adjectives
There are different kinds of adjectives.
- Adjectives of Quality: These are descriptive adjectives. They answer the question What kind is it?
- Adjectives of quantity: These types of adjectives answer the question How much?
- Adjectives of number: These adjectives answer the question How many?
Explore Even More Ways To Learn!
I'm looking for
Our team has worked hard to create this Fun Educational Website FREE of charge to users like you. It costs a great deal of money to do that. Please help us keep the website Free and continue the work.
If you think, you got this page by mistake then Click here to send the feedback.