There are different kinds of adjectives. Let's take a look at each of them.
Adjectives of Quality
- These are descriptive adjectives, so they give more information about the person, place, or thing they modify.
- They answer the question What kind is it? - is it old or new; is it good or bad; is it near or far; etc.
- My shoes are so old.
- She is a joyful woman.
Adjectives of Quantity
- These adjectives are used to describe an amount of something that can't be counted.
- These types of adjectives answer the question How much?
- These words tell us about a noun's quantity - is there a lot, a little, or enough?
- My family drinks lots of milk.
- California didn't have enough water during the drought.
Adjectives of Number
- These adjectives answer the question How many?
- They tell us what number of a certain noun there is.
- They include exact numbers like one and twelve, and also less precise adjectives like no, all, some, and many that give a general idea of how many there are.
- A lot of parents assign chores.
- Fourteen students were in line ahead of me on pizza day.